What are we doing
To help us make the www.shauncheesman.com a positive place for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0. These guidelines explain
how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user friendly for everyone.
www.shauncheesman.com has been designed with the needs of people with sight problems in mind, including those who use access technology to browse the internet.
We always takes on board international guidance and best practice on web accessibility.
We are committed to ensuring everyone can access our website. This includes people with sight problems, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments as well as users with dial-up, older browsers or newer technologies such as smartphones and tablets.
We test our website regularly using the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10
Apple iOS – Safari 6 on iOS6 and Safari 7 on iOS7
Android – Default web browser and Chrome 335
As a starting point, www.shauncheesman.com aim’s to meet Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for www.shauncheesman.com.
www.shauncheesman.com is tested by disabled people, older people, and people who use assistive technologies. We aim to do this at least twice a year or as a service is developed.
We are committed to providing a website that is accessible to all of our customers and we adhere sensibly and practically to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
These are produced by the World Wide Web Consortium, the web’s governing body, and provide a set of checkpoints designed to ensure that websites are designed and written
properly. in many cases across the site we have aimed for AAA standard compliance.
To make sure our website is accessible as possible we have:
- All our images have alternative text so that if you can’t see the image, you can still understand what it means.
- We use strong colour contrasts between foreground and background.
- The page text can be made larger to make it easier to see and read on your computer from any internet browser.
- We have used our headings correctly by making sure they’re not just ordinary text made to look big and bold.
- Links are meaningful so you can find the information you need quickly.
- Tables used have clear headings and summaries.
- We use plain English which is clearly understandable, and have avoided using jargon where we can.
Let us know what you think
If you enjoyed using the www.shauncheesman.com website, or if you had trouble with any part of it, please get in touch.
We’d like to hear from you in any of the following ways:
shauncheesman.com is currently working on improving our websites accessibility and implementing some accessibility technology and this will be done over time
Any questions get in touch.
email us at email@example.com
call us on +(44) 7933461203
This accessibility statement was generated on 01/06/2017